If you’re looking for a versatile, simple to use cooker then you should seriously consider a portable pellet grills.
These cookers made by brands such as Traeger, Camp Chef, and Pit Boss, among others, are incredibly versatile and get the job done faster than charcoal smokers. They also use a controller that is digital and a pellet feeding system that helps the smoker to keep a predictable heat by adding wood as needed.While you won’t win any points with old fashioned pitmasters, the ability to effortlessly produce excellent barbecue makes buying a portable pellet grills and smoker very tempting.
Grilling and smoking over wood is a truly elevated experience and is the method most faithful to the roots of the original concept of barbecuing.
Most grilling these days is done over gas or charcoal, of course, and you can always add wood chips or chunks for flavored smoke. Not too many people cook over an all-wood fire anymore, however.
Portable Pellet grills give you the real wood experience but with the convenience of a manufactured product. A best portable pellet grill takes the convenience factor a step further, making it possible to enjoy the amazing flavor away from home.
Pellet grills, otherwise known as smokers, use a thermostat and electronic feeding system to add pellets to the smoker while you sit back and enjoy the afternoon. The smoker does all the work, keeping the heat consistent throughout the smoking process.There is a wide range of pellet smokers that are fancy and have a whole lot of features to make them convenient to use.
We have shortlisted some of the best portable pellet grills that have everything you might be looking for. From amazing quality, outstanding performance, and top-notch features to the best reviews, we have put it all together. Scroll down to check out the 10 best portable pellet smokers available right now!
Top 10 Portable Pellet Grills Comparison Table
10 Best Portable Pellet Grills
Z GRILLS Wood Key Features
Traeger Pellet Grills Key Features
Green Mountain Davy Crockett Key Features
Traeger TFT18PLDO Key Features
Camp Chef Pursuit Key Features
Pit Boss Grills Key Features
Pit Boss Portable Tailgate/Camp Key Features
Z GRILLS ZPG Key Features
PIT BOSS PB440D2 Key Features
Z GRILLS ZPG-550A Key Features
Buyer’s Guide To Purchase Best Portable Pellet Grills
When you think of a portable pellet grills or smoker, what comes to mind is the rich taste of BBQ, better manipulation and convenience. To find out the best, among the many out there, you should think of various features. A burner that can give you control, comfort, long service, and great flavor in food is something a best portable pellet grills should have.
Let’s take a look at all the factors you should consider when making your purchase of portable pellet grill:
- Cooking Surface Area:- The best pellet grills have 300 – 1300 square inches of cooking space, with larger size grills costing more. The inches of cooking space you’ll need depends on how many people you usually cook for, as well as how much food you want to cook in one cycle.
- Price Factor:- Price is always an important factor. We all want affordable products, but buying a low-quality, cheap smoker could mean you have to spend more money in the future. A good-quality grill at a convenient price will be durable and be used more because you will be satisfied with your purchase.
- Design & Features:- Aesthetics are worth considering to a degree, but functionality is far more critical. Think about how you like to cook and look for features that support a good grilling experience. That would include convenience features like workspaces, hooks and handles, as well as auto-ignition and feeders.Plus, remember this is a portable pellet grill so you may want to look for features like folding legs, lid locks, and high-quality wheels.
- Durability:- Choose a model that consists of powder-coated stainless steel body with sturdy construction. This quality ensures that it lasts long, and is also rust-resistant and weather-proof.Premium pellet smokers also have useful features such as porcelain-enameled grates, a fire box, and drip pan. The best pellet smoker will feature marine-grade 304-stainless steel for the ultimate durability.
- Temperature Range:- Temperature range is an important factor. What you’ll need will depend on what kind of cooking you want to do. Top pellet grills can hit temperatures between 180 F to 425 F, enough for baking, smoking, roasting, and grilling. On the other hand, ioif you want to sear meat you need something that reaches the 500-550 F range. A functioning thermometer is a must. You’ll need a precise and accurate reading so you’ll know you’re cooking your meat at the right temperature.
Size, Compactness & Ease Of Packing:- Remember, the whole point of a portable grill is to go wherever you go. If it isn’t easy to pack up and take with you, then why do you want it? Don’t be fooled by manufacturers who just slap the word “portable” on the description and then try to sell you a massive grill that happens to have wheels and/or a handle.Think about where you plan to take it, how you plan to get it there and choose an appropriately sized grill.
Consider all of the above mentioned features to purchase a best portable pellet grills.
Conclusion To Purchase Best Portable Pellet Grills
So, now you have all the necessary information about grillers and smokers. All you need do now is to make your choice from the plethora of options available. Ultimately, your budget, cooking needs and occasion will determine the choice of griller and smoker you will purchase.
We believe each of the grills above has its own merits along with various positives and negatives. To determine which is going to be the best grill for you will depend on how many people you will be cooking for and what you want to cook. For instance, if you are looking for ultra-portability to cook for one/two people then the very small Country Smoker/Traeger Scout or Ranger pellet grills might be your best option.
However, if you want to be cooking for a larger number of friends and family you’re going to need a grill with a larger cooking area. Therefore, the Grilla Grills Chimp, Camp Chef Pursuit or Pit Boss/Traeger Tailgaters would probably be more suitable. I think the Davy Crocket sits in the middle. It doesn’t have the largest cooking area. However, it can easily cook for a family of 4 or 5 and its excellent value for money.
Grilling and Smoking get more comfortable when you have the right tools and knowledge. Now is the right time to make your choice, and I hope you will make a sound choice with all the information you have at your disposal.
Cheers to your sumptuous meal with best portable pellet grills!